hcv follow up question
Jan 7, 2013
I just want to confirm my question to ur answer last time(Hello Dr Lynn, Can i be infected from an HCV patient whose (HCVab is (+) and HCV-RNA by PCR (-)?) Your answer : (No if the patient is HCV-RNA negative by PCR, the patient does not have hepatitis C infection so you cannot be infected by this patient.). You meant that patient still has HCVab(+) but can't infect to healthy person, right? and if the HCVab(+)and RNA-PCR(-)'patient has teeth bleeding, can be infected or not?
Response from Dr. Taylor
If the patient is RNA PCR negative, there is no hepatitis C infection, so there is no infection to pass on...so you are correct, the HCV Ab+ person cannot infect anyone, in any way.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Enlarged Lymph Nodes After Swallowing Sperm Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Fatigue After Anal Sex Top Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Fatigue After Oral Sex On A Woman What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Hairy Tongue After Oral Sex Form Sex Worker What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Itchy Skin After Rubbing Stripper Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Tingling Lips After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation Does It Mean I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.