|catching Hepatitis C virus
Jan 3, 2013
Hello Dr Lynn, Can i be infected from an HCV patient whose (HCVab is (+) and HCV-RNA by PCR (-)?)
| Response from Dr. Taylor
No if the patient is HCV-RNA negative by PCR, the patient does not have hepatitis C infection so you cannot be infected by this patient.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Cases Of Nurses Catching Hepatitis
- What Viruses Are Harmful For Autoimmune Hepatitis Patients?
- What Are The Chances Of Getting AIDS From Sex With Sex Worker?
- What Are The Odds Of Getting HIV From Eating Sperm?
- What Is The Risk Of Getting AIDS From Touching Broken Skin?
- What Is The Risk Of Getting HIV From Kissing?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.