After 15th PEG INF (Can not take more)

Doctor after the 15th injection of PEG INF, I could not continue the course of PEG INF for Hepatitis C due to financial problem, because i was job less and can not aford it too much costly medic-en, now, where i am living currently they are not allowing me to purchase PEG INF from here in saudi arabia. they are saying you go back to your home country and get medicines from there. but Doctor problem is that i can leave this country before two years. because i have done agreement with this company for two years. now please suggest some medicines for me that i go to purchase and use instead of PEG INF and Ribavirin. and when i will go back to my home land i will consult my doctor and start my new course of PEG INF. please guide me. which medicines i can use instead of PEG INF and Ribavirin. if you give me your email i can send you my all test reports. regards Ahmed

Response from Dr. Taylor

Dear Ahmed, Currently there are no medications available for hepatitis C other than pegylated interferon plus ribavirin. For people with genotype 1 infection, hepatitis C protease inhibitors (telaprevir or boceprevir) may be added.

If you cannot access these medications, see if there is a clinical trial available. If not, protect your liver by not smoking and not using alcohol while you are waiting for future treatment opportunities. Get vaccinated against hepatitis A and B if you have not been previously infected; talk with your doctor about hepatitis B treatment if you have hepatitis B. Get tested for HIV; if you are not infected, talk with your doctor about how to decrease chances of becoming infected.

Hepatitis C cure for genotype 1 patients
Hepatitis C virus