hep c type 2 b treatment

Took first shot last night, I was so sick headache would not go away .Today is better just found out my viral load is two million. Will i have to go on triple therapy ? Please help me I am so worried!!!!!!!! Thank you

Response from Dr. Taylor

It sounds as though you are taking pegylated interferon, the once a week shot for hepatitis C. The chance of being cured of hepatitis C genotype 2 is greater if you take this medication with ribavirin pills.

I am glad that today is better. Side effects can get better over time but it is helpful to check in with your doctor and get support for any side effects. If okay with your doctor, there are simple things that can help with headaches due to interferon, such as drinking enough water, getting enough sleep, eating a healthy diet and getting exercise approved by your doctor.

You will not have to go on triple therapy now, because the 3rd medication that is part of triple therapy, the currently available hepatitis C protease inhibitors, may not to be used with genotype 2. There are other pills being studied that are active against genotype 2, which is the most curable type of hepatitis C. Your chances of cure with your current treatment or with a future treatment are excellent.

hepatitis B in pregnancy
Tests HEPATITIS C ANTI ,RNA QUANT PCR