Sep 23, 2012
When does acute HCV typically begin? Is it possible to develop acute HCV at 5 months post exposure after a 4.5 month negative HCV test?
| Response from Dr. McGovern
Most HCV antibody tests are positive by 3 months; a small percent are positive later at six months. If your test was a viral load test, I would not get any more testing, because that would be very reassuring.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Groin Pain After Drinking After Someone Worried I Have HIV
- Rash After Sex With Sex Worker Worried I Have HIV
- Sore On Tongue After Touching Dried Semen Worried I Have HIV
- Can Animal And Insect Bites Transmit Hepatitis?
- Can Moles On Your Vagina Cause Cervical Cancer?
- Can You Get Hepatitis From A Kiss?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.