Sep 23, 2012
Is genotyping possible for HCV viral load as low as 138 IU? If no then how can we proceed with treatment
Response from Dr. McGovern
I suspect that your next viral load will give the answer.
If your next viral load is higher, you will be able to get a genotype.
If your next viral load is undetectable, you have just cleared infection.
This level of virus is usually seen in patients who have just been infected with hepatitis C. In this situation, you may be able to clear the virus on your own - which is my hope!
So get another viral load in about one month.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is Swollen Lymph Nodes A Sign Of Acute HIV Infection?
- Is Tingling Lips A Symptom Of Acute HIV Infection?
- Swollen Lymph Nodes During Seroconversion
- Black Spots After Sex With Hooker Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Burning Penis After Mutual Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Red Spots After Giving Oral Sex What Are The Chances Of HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.