Sep 23, 2012
Is genotyping possible for HCV viral load as low as 138 IU? If no then how can we proceed with treatment
Response from Dr. McGovern
I suspect that your next viral load will give the answer.
If your next viral load is higher, you will be able to get a genotype.
If your next viral load is undetectable, you have just cleared infection.
This level of virus is usually seen in patients who have just been infected with hepatitis C. In this situation, you may be able to clear the virus on your own - which is my hope!
So get another viral load in about one month.
- How Long Does It Take To Get Rid Of Cmv?
- How Long Does Kaposi Sarcoma Last?
- Broken Condom And HIV Transmission Risk
- Chances Of Getting AIDS From Unprotected Vaginal Sex
- How Long Do I Wait To Get Tested After Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation?
- Odds Of Contracting HIV Anal Sex With Condom
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.