Hepatitis C

I was diagnosed with hepatits c about 4 weeks ago. im concerned that i might have hiv. im suppose to go get tested for it. but looking at my blood work and doing my research. I have elvated levels of creatinine and my white blood count is high but not out of range. is it possible that i have both diseases.

The blood tests don't give me any clues about HIV infection.

However, I think you should definitely get tested just to be sure...

Remember that the treatment of HCV has improved significantly and promises to get better and easier over time leading to cures in most. And the treatment of HIV is incredibly effective. It is now a chronic infection, easy to take care of in most cases with a single pill a day...

My how things have changed!!!!!! When I think back to when I started in HIV care I only had AZT...Those were the bad old days. Now HIV and HCV are infections we can manage...

So get tested!!! and live a healthy long life.

Do I have Hepatitis B
HCV genotyping