Pegasys treatment working or not

Dear Mam,

I am southeast asia male. On Feb 2012, I finished treatment pegasys for 50 week. On March 2012 my viral load was 10^6 (feb 2011 was 10^8 and SGPT was around 150 )

On May 2012 my SGPT was around 40

On Sep 2012 my viral load is 10^8 and SGOT 152 SGPT 175 (steady for 3 months).

What is the mean? Is my Pegasys treatment is not working because my viral load and SGPT increase?

Yesterday my doctor suggested me to take tenofovir. I still doubt to use tenofovir but I know tenofovir is the best antiviral today.

Is tenofovir have effect to sperm?

Thank You

Tenofovir is a very potent drug that is very effective in reducing your hepatitis B level which was not responding to Pegasys.

I agree that this would be a good idea

I test all my HBV patients for HIV before I start tenofovir to be certain that they do not have coinfection because tenofovir would partially treat HIV and that would not be good because of the risk of resistance.

Tenofovir has minimal side effects. I do check blood and urine periodically for any sign of kidney abnormalities, but this is very uncommon.

You should do very well.

Hello Dr
hepatitis a total aby