Sep 16, 2012
My MPX test came back positive and everything was negative but my Anti HCV came back Reactive. What does this mean? What should I do? I am a little scared at this point.
Response from Dr. McGovern
When a HCV antibody result is reactive, that means positive. I would get a HCV RNA test since it is most important to find out if you have any virus in your blood or not.
Also remember that even if you have been infected, there are new HCV treatments that are coming down the road that promise to cure more than 90% of patients with chronic infection. The future is bright for HCV care.
HEP C & HIV Infection
- Dry Mouth After Giving Oral Sex What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Flu Symptoms After Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Nodes After Rubbing Penis Worried I Have HIV
- What Age Group Is More Likely To Have Or Catch Genital Herpes?
- Can You Get Hepatitis C From Vomit?
- Does Hiv Blood Survive In Water?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.