Sep 16, 2012
can you catch hep c by sharing by sharing eye contacts?
| Response from Dr. McGovern
Hepatitis C is acquired mainly through blood to blood contact, such as sharing injection drug paraphernalia or through traumatic sex (eg, rectal tearing).
Thus, I would not consider sharing contact lenses a risk for HCV. However, I wouldn't generally recommend sharing lenses because of risk of bacterial infections, such as Staph.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- What Are The Best Condoms To Use To Protect Against Hiv?
- How Much Blood Must Be Transmitted In Order To Get Hiv?
- Will Shingles Occur On Both Sides Of The Face?
- When Do You First Breakout From Herpes?
- What Can Can Cause A False Positive Syphilis Test?
- What Are The Short-term Effects Of Syphilis?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.