Sep 16, 2012
can you catch hep c by sharing by sharing eye contacts?
Response from Dr. McGovern
Hepatitis C is acquired mainly through blood to blood contact, such as sharing injection drug paraphernalia or through traumatic sex (eg, rectal tearing).
Thus, I would not consider sharing contact lenses a risk for HCV. However, I wouldn't generally recommend sharing lenses because of risk of bacterial infections, such as Staph.
Options for people with resistance to entecavir.
- Can You Die From Oral Thrush?
- How Is Cryptococcal Meningitis Transmitted?
- If I Have Seborrheic Dermatitis Do I Have Hiv?
- Can You Catch AIDS From Swallowing Cum?
- Can You Get HIV From Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation?
- How Long Do I Wait To Get Tested After Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.