Is Atripla less toxic residue than Truvada + Sustiva for Liver concerned patient

I have a question about the regimen that is proper for HBV and HIV. I am about to switch my regimen from 2 tablets daily ( truvada + Sustiva ) to single tablet daily ( Atripla ). I knew they are same regimen but diffent in number of tablets. Is single tablet less toxic residue than 2 tablets for HIV and HBV patient ? Since, I am quite worried about my liver to have too much toxic loaded. Thank you so much in advance for your kind advice.

You ask a good question. As you point out, Atripla = Truvada + Sustiva...They include the same three individuals medications: tenofovir, emtricitabine, efavirenz. The first two drugs are active against hepatitis B and HIV.

You do not need to worry at all about any additional toxicity. There are recent data showing that HIV/HBV coinfected patients have less liver related deaths in this last era of HIV treatment starting in 2002. It is probably no coincidence that this era began an important time in HBV treatment with the introduction of tenofovir.

Keeping HIV suppressed is also important for liver health. When HIV is suppressed there is less inflammation in the body, which can cause liver disease.

So keep up the good work with your medications and you will continue to do well. You should have serial monitoring of your HBV DNA levels to see if you have suppressed your HBV infection. Also you should have serial monitoring of your ultrasounds of your liver.

Telaprevir for partial responders
Options for people with resistance to entecavir.