|What combination should be taken with Incivik
Sep 3, 2012
What other Hep C drugs can be taken with Incivik?
| Response from Dr. McGovern
Thanks for your excellent question.
Incivik (telaprevir) should never be taken alone. It is a potent HCV protease inhibitor, but resistance develops quickly when used by itself. It is used three times a day with a fatty snack like peanut butter. Taking all doses each day will decrease the risk of drug resistance.
The other two drugs you will need are pegylated interferon, a once weekly shot and ribavirin pills given twice a day, best taken with your breakfast and dinner around 10 to 12 hours apart.
If you also have HIV infection, your HIV medications will need to be reviewed to see if they are compatible with these HCV meds.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Chances Of Catching HIV From Sex With A Prostitute
- Black Spots After Receiving Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Loose Stool After Receptive Anal Sex Without Condom What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Tingling In Fingers After Drinking Water Worried I Have HIV
- White Spots After Touching A Bloody Scab Worried I Have HIV
- After Treatment For Trichomoniasis How Should You Wait To Have Sex
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.