|Hep C Relapse post Tx
Sep 3, 2012
Dr. post tx., if the Hep C virus were to re-appear, and re-infection was not an issue, when will it most likely show up? I believe, as with RVR, if your un-dectectable 30 to 40 days post tx., most likely the tx worked. Is that accurate?
Response from Dr. McGovern
I would say that I have much more confidence in a 12 week post treatment viral load than a 4 week viral load...Relapses could still occur between 4 and 12 weeks.
I wish you a great outcome!!
HCV Transmission through nick with a washed trimmer.
- Can You Test Negative For Hiv A Year After Exposure?
- What To Do When Prescriptions Do Not Work For Bacterial Vaginosis?
- What Are The Ways Can You Get Chlamydia?
- What Is A Over The Counter Genital Wart Remover?
- What Does The Discharge Of Chlamydia Look Like?
- What Antibiotics Can Be Used To Cure Chlamydia?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.