For World AIDS Day, read about stigma, criminalization and more >>

Hep C

I recently found out i have hep c. and with furthr er testing i now know its " inflamed ". I'm an athlete who has struggled with drug use. I'm scared to do treatments because of the lack of energy i've heard about. Could you give me an answer on what to ecpect if i decidxe to do treatment what i should expect please? thank you

I would strongly suggest that you at least get the information you need to make a treatment decision. For example, find out if you need a biopsy or a blood test to determine how much scarring you have. Get immunized against hepatitis A and B. Stay away from alcohol for now. Find out what type of HCV you have which will greatly determine what treatment you need.

If your disease is mild, you may be able to wait for better therapies.

Knowledge will give you power to make decisions.

Worried about acute HepB
Hep C Relapse post Tx