genotype 3b 47,300/ml

my aunt(F)46YRS is having hcv 3b genotype.with 47,300/ml viral copies .what are the treatment details and prognosis.

Treatment for genotype 3b is with PEG interferon plus ribavirin for a total of 6 months. Her chances are outstanding for a cure because G3 is responsive to this treatment regimen. Furthermore, her viral load is very low so her chances are even higher...In fact, if she cleared her virus by week 4 of treatment, I would be inclined to treat her for as little as 16 weeks if she was having side effects.

Worried about Acute HepB
Hepatitis C Sexually Transmitted Question