|genotype 3b 47,300/ml
Aug 28, 2012
my aunt(F)46YRS is having hcv 3b genotype.with 47,300/ml viral copies .what are the treatment details and prognosis.
| Response from Dr. McGovern
Treatment for genotype 3b is with PEG interferon plus ribavirin for a total of 6 months. Her chances are outstanding for a cure because G3 is responsive to this treatment regimen. Furthermore, her viral load is very low so her chances are even higher...In fact, if she cleared her virus by week 4 of treatment, I would be inclined to treat her for as little as 16 weeks if she was having side effects.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is White Bumps On Penis A Symptom Of Acute HIV Infection?
- Blowjob From A Prostitute And AIDS
- Black Spots After Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Chest Cold After Giving A Bj Worried I Have HIV
- Groin Pain After Giving A Bj Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Testicles After Touching Skin Sign Of HIV AIDS
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.