Possibility of a false positive hep c reading

6 years ago I gave blood for the first time. I soon got a letter back stating I tested positive for hep c. About a week after that I became very ill. I was very tired and started itching all over to the point that I could not sleep. I then started turning yellow. After much testing it was found that the bile duct in my pancreas was closed off and was forcing bile to back up. I had cancer around the head of my pancreas. I survived the pancreatic cancer with surgery and feel great. A person on my get well team told me that I did not have hep c. Is it possible that the blocked bile duct could cause a false reading for hep c

That is GREAT news about your pancreatic cancer. As for the HCV antibody test, I assume that your doctor has rechecked it and found that it is negative for antibody. That is why he/she is assuming the first one was a false positive, which I suspect is the case.

Liver enzymes rise after take Truvada+ Stocrin
Worried about Acute HepB