Transmission of HIV and Hepatitis through Blood from Mosquito.

Hi Dr. McGovern,

Thanks for taking my questions. I tried to search in the forum for my scenario, but I can't find it. So, here goes my question.

I knew that HIV and Hepatitis A, B and C cannot be spread through mosquito bite. However, this scenario is not from mosquito bite actually.

My wife and I was at a Japanese restaurant having sushi. There was a mosquito on my wife's lap. She killed the mosquito and there was blood from the mosquito. Then, my wife wiped off the blood and the dead mosquito from her hand and lap by using a piece of tissue.

Then, we went to the counter to get some tea. While we were away from our table, a waitress went to our table thinking that we were leaving. She started to clear our table. My concern is, if the waitress accidentally, got the tissue and mix or touch with some sushi on our table. When we came back, she realize that we were not leaving yet and stop clearing our table. My wife and I ate the sushi on our table.

The blood from the mosquito might be from my wife, because my wife got bitten. But, I cannot be sure. Assuming, if the mosquito has bitten an infected person with HIV and Hepatitis A, B, or C, is the exposure I mentioned pose any risk of infection to me and my wife? Do we need to get tested because of this incident?

I have searched in the other forum 'Safe Sex and HIV Prevention', transmission of HIV through mosquito of any route is impossible. So, I think I can safely exclude HIV from the list. But, how about Hepatitis A, B or C?

I have a feeling this incident should pose no risk at all, but maybe just my fear.

Thanks again, Dr. McGovern.

No I don't have any concerns about this at all.

What does my lab bill mean?
Liver enzymes rise after take Truvada+ Stocrin