The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Hepatitis and HIV CoinfectionHepatitis and HIV Coinfection
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Hep C
Aug 27, 2012

I have hep C and my doctor told me to wait for treatment because I haven't used drugs for over 15 years now and my liver has very little scar tissue (F1 state). My question is should I wait or should I have the treatment done right away? Someone had told me it is better to do the treatment right away to avoid more damage to my liver. My doctor also said it's because the treatment is very hard to go threw and that their maybe better treatment in the near future.......?

Response from Dr. McGovern

I agree with your doctor that you have the option to wait for new therapies. Several companies are developing new drugs and it is possible that the future generation of medications might be even easier to take - especially if we don't have to give interferon.

What does my lab bill mean?

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint