Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Hepatitis and HIV CoinfectionHepatitis and HIV Coinfection

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

all symptoms present but negative result. 9months
Aug 19, 2012

Hello Doc, I'm in africa, and I have been suffering all the imaginable symptoms of seroconversion, I have done several antibody tests for hiv 1 and 2, all were negative. Swollen lymph nodes. For about 3 months now, some funny pimples appear randomly on different parts of my body, myalgia, itchy palms feet and fingers, joint aches, feeling of heat rashes but no visible rash on the tummy, retroorbital pains in eyes and headache, nausea but no vomitting, memory loss,very dry skin but not flakky (goes and comes)itchy lips, burning tongue sensation,very mild sore throat, pins and needles on my feet and sometimes hands, and possibly a few more that I can't remember right now.but I don't think there was any fever. Please note these symptoms have been on for about 3months, all screenings (6 times till date) for HIV 1&2 were non reactive. To my memory my risk was only inserting a finger into a vagina, I discovered the finger seemed to be bruised, this happened some time in November 2011, no symptoms until around mid april 2012. And all persisting some go and others start.

1. Pls advise if there is a test I'm missing 2. What is the longest seroconversion/ARS you have recorded in ur patients. 3. I am currently using piriton and neurobium, can this have any effects on further results? Pls respond as this is my 4th posting and I hope it is answered so I don't give up. Thanks

Response from Dr. McGovern

In the future please post your HIV questions to the HIV forum. This forum is for hepatitis questions in HIV infected persons.

Your testing is complete and I would pursue this further. I would ask your doctor about your symptoms to see if anything else should be checked.

Previous
hepatitis abc
Next
Hbsag and hbeag postive

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.