|When/how test for hepatitis C to be 100% sure?
Aug 14, 2012
Hi, Dr McGovern!
There is much less info on hep C in the internet then it is for HIV. So, I very hope for your help.
Which hepatitis C testing method and which time after exposure for that method guarantees conclusive 100%(or 99.89-99.99%)(i hope negative) results?(regardless of exposure risk, independently was it high or low)
Many thanks in advance!
| Response from Dr. McGovern
This is a broad question and you are looking for the latest a test can turn positive. Most testing for significant HCV exposures go out to six months when using HCV antibodies, although most patients become antibody positive by 3 months.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Rectal Bleeding After Sharing Dildos Worried I Have HIV
- Testicular Pain After Drinking Water Worried I Have HIV
- White Bumps On Penis After Swallowing Precum What Are The Chances Of HIV
- White Tongue After Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- Can Blood Work Tell If Had Hep B Vaccine?
- Can You Have Sex While Being Treated For Std?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.