Aug 6, 2012
How long after infection with HCV would a person be expected to develop acute hcv infection? Could it happen 5 months after exposure if coinfected with hiv? If coinfected by the same exposure, when can one expect either one ir both of the diseases to show up on a blood test?
| Response from Dr. McGovern
With acute HCV you can usually detect virus within weeks...Just like with HIV....you can usually detect virus in weeks after the exposure.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Can You Get Hiv From Sharing A Straw?
- Can U Get Hepatitis C From An Splash Of Urine In Your Eyes?
- Can Hiv Penetrate A Scab?
- If You Swallow The Semen Of Hiv Infected Person Can You Get Hiv?
- How Easy Is It For A Man To Get Hiv From A Woman?
- Myelin Sheath Thinning And Peripheral Neuropathy
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.