Aug 6, 2012
How long after infection with HCV would a person be expected to develop acute hcv infection? Could it happen 5 months after exposure if coinfected with hiv? If coinfected by the same exposure, when can one expect either one ir both of the diseases to show up on a blood test?
| Response from Dr. McGovern
With acute HCV you can usually detect virus within weeks...Just like with HIV....you can usually detect virus in weeks after the exposure.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Black Spots After Sharing Dildos Worried I Have HIV
- Bloody Pee After Anal With Condom Worried I Have HIV
- Bloody Urine After Lap Dance Worried I Have HIV
- Oral Ulcers After Fingering Stripper Worried I Have HIV
- Red Eyes After Anal Sex Top Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Can You Get Genital Warts From Having Oral Sex?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.