After treatment

I am male 33 year old.

I finished 48 weeks treatment Hep B using pegasys on feb 2012. My HBV DNA decrease from 10^8 to 10^6, HBSAG&HBEAG still +. My specialist asked me to re-treatment using sebivo.

Is it oke to take sebivo after a few month treatment pegasys? Is it oke to have child during treatment using sebivo ?

Thank

Sebivo is the same as telbivudine, a drug that is active against HBV. It is similar to Epivir.

However, by itself there is the possibility of drug resistance developing, like we see with Epivir. Your doctor may think telbivudine may work because your viral load is down to 10 (6), which is possible.

Other more potent drugs, entecavir or tenofovir are more expensive.

As for use in pregnancy, most of these drugs have similar warnings that the drug should be used only if the benefit justifies any risk. However, there is a long history of use of Epivir during pregnancy in HIV infected women for decades and it appears to be safe.

I would talk further to your doctor to discuss that you may want to become pregnant so this is considered as well in the treatment decisions.

Hcv transmission through a scratch? Please respond
need treatment or not?