Hep B vaccination but testing positive within 2yrs

Last week I received the results of my STD test. The result indicate the I have Hep B. The Hep B screen results state HBsAg negative and Hep B Core AB, IgM* Positive. According to the CDC website IgM means very recent and could mean more issues. I am perplexed because I got the 3 shot vaccinations on 7/13/09, 9/01/09, and 2/02/10. Can you help me understand?

You should have additional testing to be certain you clear your hepatitis B. You are correct that you probably have acute HBV infection...You should have more monitoring of your liver function tests as well.

It is possible that the vaccine did not work...I would double check all laboratories.

If you have any sex partners, you should inform them to see if they need immunization and gamma globulins to protect against HBV.

Your doctor should advise further....

Hep C and Teleprevir
Have you seen this recent study on HCV and what is your opinion on it?