Hep C and Teleprevir

I have been taking Teleprevir and the regular Hep C treatment. I have fininshed my teleprevir and the doctor has told me that I have to continue on the other treatment for the full 48 months. The second viral load results were ok but not great. The virus has started growing again in my blood compared to the first test. 114 to 760. It is still less than 1000 copies so I was told to continue taking the medication. I was hoping it would be negative by now and not more than before. What is my prognosis at this point?

If your doctor is treating you with triple therapy, he or she is right on top of things...

If this slight bit of virus just came up, I am still hopeful that you could rapidly suppress this within the next week of dual therapy. But I would actually check that to be certain that is the case...Be certain you are taking all your doses of ribavirin with food which increases its absorption.

You may want to see if you are taking weight-based ribavirin. Before your doctor may have given you 400 mg twice daily of ribavirin, which would have been just like the protocol that has been presented at research meetings. However, now that you are off the telaprevir, I wonder if you might benefit from a bit more ribavirin. This dosing is based on weight when treating genotype 1...This can be discussed with your doctor to get their feedback.

I sincerely hope all goes well for you...

Hepatitis C
Hep B vaccination but testing positive within 2yrs