simultaneous co-infection

I had a risky exposure that involved sharing a needle one time with a friend whose status I do not know. I got tested for HIV as well as HepC at 19 weeks post-exposure and tested negative for both. I am concerned because of conflicting things I have read or been told about co-infection and late seroconversion. I saw in an earlier thread you claimed that seroconversion could be delayed if you contracted HIV and HepC at the same time? Other things I have read have claimed that the only reason for delayed seroconversion would be an already compromised immune system. Please help, I can not put my mind at ease. Can I rely on my test results 19 weeks after exposure?

Yes you can rely on these results.

If you had told me you just had acute HCV infection with high liver tests and HCV virus in your blood for the first time, I would suggest further testing for HIV.

I hope this is clearer for you.

As always, if you have further questions, it is best to discuss with the doctor who ordered testing on you since they know you best.

HEPA A
relapsed hep c treatment