|Hep C antibody transmission
Jul 23, 2012
Hi there I wana ask if a person hve hep c antibody positive and PCR negative and gets test tested after the treatment every yr and its coming pcr negative for 3 yrs now and have no virus. If a person who had hep c in the past but pcr negative now can he transmit hep c antibodies to other person if other person gets exposed to his blood-blood contact. if tht person gets test is it gona be antibody hep c positive or negative as the person he got exposed to blood hve pcr negative now
| Response from Dr. McGovern
If a person has no evidence of virus in their blood for several years, then that person is not going to transmit HCV infection to anyone.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Erectile Dysfunction After Condom Broke Anal Worried I Have HIV
- Headache After Touching Blood Worried I Have HIV
- Hpv After Protected Anal Sex Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Itchy Scrotum After Anal Sex Condom Broke Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Pain In Balls After Touching Dried Blood Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Painful Urination After Oral Sex On A Woman What Are The Chances Of HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.