Hep C concerns

My mother has Hep C, her viral level is low. She is visiting and I know that the primary transfer of the virus is through blood, but can sharing straws from drinks cause a risk of transferring the virus as well? Considering that gums bleed and that that area is so sensitive if the virus was present and then you share that saliva, could that be possible? Thanks in advance. -j

The HCV virus is not transmitted by sharing utensils or glasses, hugging or kissing.

So all should be well.

I would avoid sharing razors however, since there is the feasibility of blood to blood exposure, although of low likelihood

Is it back?
Hiv/hep c infection