|Hep C concerns
Jul 16, 2012
My mother has Hep C, her viral level is low. She is visiting and I know that the primary transfer of the virus is through blood, but can sharing straws from drinks cause a risk of transferring the virus as well? Considering that gums bleed and that that area is so sensitive if the virus was present and then you share that saliva, could that be possible? Thanks in advance. -j
Response from Dr. McGovern
The HCV virus is not transmitted by sharing utensils or glasses, hugging or kissing.
So all should be well.
I would avoid sharing razors however, since there is the feasibility of blood to blood exposure, although of low likelihood
Is it back?
Hiv/hep c infection
- Can You Contract HIV From Blowjob From A Prostitute?
- Burning Red Spots After Rubbing Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Scrotum After Sensual Massage Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Pain In Penis After Getting Scratched Worried I Have HIV
- Sore On Tongue After Licking Anus Worried I Have HIV
- Sore Throat After Unprotected Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.