Am I at risk of HCV?

Two days before my friend called and asked me to take him to the hospital as he was vomitted blood. I took him various hospitals in my car for 5-6 hours and during this period he vomitted blood while sitting beside me in the car. I cleaned the blood with the tissue papers but I think my hand came in contact with his blood. Later, hospital confirmed that he is the HCV Patient. He died yesterday in the hospital. Did I affected HCV whil I came to his contact by holding him to get in and out the car and cleaning his blood from the car seat. Please advise.

I am sorry to hear about your friend. It sounds like he died with an esophageal bleed which is a complication of advanced cirrhosis.

As long as you were not bleeding yourself, there would not be any mixing of blood so I suspect you are just fine. If you are very concerned you could always get a HCV antibody test, but I don't consider you at risk based on cleaning up the blood.

hepatitis b
HBV