|hepatits c and pregnancy
Jun 27, 2012
I had gotten tested in 2004 and found out i had hepatitis c without treatment ever since. I am now undergoing fertility treatment and just wanted to know if it'll affect my preganancy and the baby once he/she is born?
| Response from Dr. McGovern
You should definitely discuss this with your fertility doctor. There is a chance of spreading HCV to the baby but it is low - about 5 percent. Even if infected, many babies clear the infection. However, you need to discuss this further.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Itchy Vagina After Erotic Massage Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Pain In Penis After Foreplay Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Vomiting After Anal Fingering Worried I Have HIV
- Can You Get Genital Warts From Chlamydia?
- Give A Male Oral Sex, Can I Get An Std
- Tingling Sensation Penis Sexually Transmitted Disease
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.