Jun 26, 2012
I'm a health care worker and last Tuesday a patient with hepatitis C with high viral load scratched my finger with his sharp nail when I was looking for asterixis. I washed my hands and squeezed my finger but no blood comes. Only skin is lifted up but again I saw no blood. Do I need to worry? Do you recommend HCV testing? Antibody or RNA?
Thanks for your attention.
Response from Dr. McGovern
I do not recommend testing. As I tell all health care workers, it is always good to report any exposures of concern to your employee health department. However, I do not consider this a risk .
26th week of hcv treatment
Switching from Truvada to Baraclude due to Truvada caused cycstinuria
- The Average Time Span Between The Initial Hiv Infection And The Onset Of Disease Symptoms In Untreated People
- Can You Die From Genital Warts?
- Can HIV Be Transmitted Through Cut In Mouth?
- Can HIV Be Transmitted Through Having Sex During Period?
- Can U Get HIV From Blowjob?
- Can You Catch AIDS From Receiving Oral Sex?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.