26th week of hcv treatment

I have been negative vl since 8 weeks with victrelis reduced riba at 12 weeks and shot of aranesp due to low hgb. Been holding till 24 week bood test when hgb dropped to 8.4, platelets 54, and ANC .49. Dr says to do Aranesp again and if itdoesn't help treatment is over. Should I accept this or get another opinion before giving up?

There was an important study at EASL conference in April that showed that dose reductions of ribavirin do NOT get in the way of a sustained response in HCV.

I agree with your doctor to try the aranesp but also drug reduction if necessary. You should be down to 600 mg of ribavirin a day before I would stop altogether. With a nondetectable viral load at week 8 it is really convincing that you will possibly be cured.

If you are having symptoms of anemia, would be another concern. Discuss further with your doctor. He or she may rightfully think that there will be other great drugs i the near time.

HIV/HBV coinfection
HCV Transmission