Increase in viral load

Dear Dr.,I donated blood in blood camp and through them I came to know I got infected with Hep B(positive). Immediately I have consulted a specialist regarding this problem.I was told to take HBsAG test and the test result confirmed that I am infected with Hep B.Then further I have asked to take HBeAg and HBV DNA by PCR(Quantitative Viral load). I was tested hbeag negative, but the viral load was 450 IU/Ml. the same has increased to 1,13,000. in six months, kindly suggest the medicines as doctor is suggesting interferon which is very costly and i am a student with a poor family background. kindly help. Thank You

I understand that your doctor would like to treat you now with a HBV drug, but the Interferon is too expensive for you.

There is a drug called Epivir that is inexpensive that you may consider. It is not as strong as others, but it is effective in people with a low viral load like you (1 million is low for HBV)

You can also check in with Gilead to see if you can get Viread in your country - this is a great drug for HBV infection.

http://free-medicine-info.tripod.com/1812.html

Hepatitis B (Hbs Ag positive)
Transmission of HCV - Please answer!