|Referral for tests
Jun 15, 2012
My Dr. just gave me a referral to get tests for a Hepatitis Profile and Mixed Hyperlipidemia? How is this done and what is it for?
| Response from Dr. McGovern
Your doctor might be ordering some blood tests to see why some liver function tests are abnormal. However, this is conjecture on my part and you will need to ask him/her.
These are simple blood tests to tell you whether you have a viral infection or too much fat (cholesterol or triglycerides) in your blood. Both can affect the liver.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Painful Red Spots After Anal Fingering Worried I Have HIV
- Purple Spots After Sex With Stripper Worried I Have HIV
- Stinging Pain After Giving Oral Worried I Have HIV
- Stinging Pain After Mutual Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling In Feet After Touching Vomit Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling Lips After Kissing Cut On Lip Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.