Cholesterol med and Incivek

Hello Going to start on my HepC treatment and with it comes Incivek. I do take 3 Cholesterol medications:Lipitor 80MG, Tricor 140MG and Zetia 10 MG.My doctor wants me to stop taking Lipitor completely during HepC treatment.The last time I stopped Lipitor for 5 month Iend up with a heart attack. so my question is what kind of Cholesterol med and what dosage I can take with Incivek and still safe? Thank you

Lipitor levels are increased when you start taking Incivek (eg, telaprevir) for HCV genotype 1 infection. You want to avoid that because you could get a bad side effect like muscle injury from the Lipitor.

What I would suggest is that you clarify with your doctor if you need to be off your Lipitor the whole time you are on HCV therapy. You only take your Incivek for the first 12 weeks so I suspect you will be able to go back on this soon and the interruption will be short.

Discuss this further with your doctor to be certain you understand all the potential issues.

30years HepB and 23years Hiv+
HBsAg Positive and marriage life