Jun 11, 2012
hidr... how are u... iam adentist and ihad aneedle stick injury by anashtetic needle after injection from hcv+ patient.. and iwent to test ELISA 3 months after exposure and it was negative... is this coclusive? thank u
Response from Dr. McGovern
You are probably in the clear but I would check one more time in 3 months to be certain since you have not had any viral load testing. This is expensive though so I would just hold off for another antibody test and that should be very reassuring.
HCV from swallowing drugs - please help!
- I Had Sex With Someone Who Had Hep C Does That Mean I Have It
- Is A Stomachache A Symptom Of Hiv?
- How Long Can A Person Be Infected With Hiv Before Showing Signs Of Infection?
- How Can I Get Tested To See If I Am Immune To Hiv?
- Milk Of Magnesia For Thrush
- What Is The Difference Between Genital Herpes And Cold Sores?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.