Jun 1, 2012
I CHECKED MY ELISA FROM A LABORTRY WHICH GIVES THE ELISA VALUE 1.78 AND CUT OFF VALUE IS 0.235 AND NOW AFTER 20 DAY AGAIN REPEAT TEST ANOTHER LABORTRY WHICH GIVES ELISA VALUE 2.35 AND CUT OF VALUE 0.160 WHAT IS MATTER
Response from Dr. McGovern
You can't compare laboratories because the results vary. I am not sure I understand your question, but perhaps you are saying that the laboratory cut off is 0.235 and your result is 1.78. If your blood test is above the cut-off, this may be a positive test. You can speak to your doctor about getting a confirmatory test with HCV RNA testing.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Can You Catch Hepatitis From Dry Blood?
- Is Clindamycin Used To Treat Some Sexually Transmitted Disease?
- Are Lower Abdominal Pain And Painful Urination Signs Of HIV Or Stds?
- Can Anti-HIV Medicine Prolong Window Period?
- Can Hiv Be Transmitted From A Surface Scratch?
- Can You Share Nail Polish And Not Get Hiv?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.