Kissing and Hep C PLEASE HELP

Hi Dr,

10 weeks ago, I engaged in deep kissing while having a canker sore. This deep kissing lasted for quite a long time (10 -30 minutes), and it happened after the guy brushed his teeth. (I am also male) I am worried about potential HCV infection, please advise on whether or not this is risky and if and when I should pursue testing. Thank you so much for your help!!!!

I would not recommend testing for this. HCV is not acquired orally so your mind should be put at peace.

HCV outbreaks are occurring in men who have sex with men in the context of rectal tearing and bleeding. That is where the risk is. Keep this in mind to keep yourself safe. Also make sure you are immunized against hepatitis B.

what does it mean by Anti-HBe positive?
HEPATITIC C