i need an explanation

Hi i went a local Dr. but he did not give me a satisfactory answer,and did not give me any midication he said I am not infected but I am a carrier, my liver is in good condition, I am 50 years old I did the flowing tests 2 days ago, HBc Total is REACTIVE and the Ref. range is Nonreactive. Also HBe-Ag is Nonreactive and the Ref. range is Nonreactive. Hepatitis B virus by PCR (quantitative) is Detected 469 IU/ml and the Ref. range is NOT detected HBc Ab Igm is 0.07 and Hbc AB Interpretation is Negative. Two weeks ago I had a test of Hbs-Ag of Reactive (78.46). HIV Ag/Ab combo Negative. What dose all this mean,how long have i had it? will i ever git rid of it, Thank you very much.

Your doctor is correct that you are a carrier of hepatitis B. Your virus level is very very low so treatment right now would not be offered. You will need careful follow-up to be certain your infection stays quiet. If you have a sexual partner, I would advise that partner to get vaccinated against HBV since HBV can be sexually transmitted.

Absorbtion rate of meds after dairy consumption
My wife hcv and I not yet have it.