Absorbtion rate of meds after dairy consumption

Dr. I'm in my 38th week of tx and luckilly sailing right along. I have cereal in skim milk and fruit every morning; wait at least 2 hours then take my 75mg of Promacta for platelete regulation. I recently read that meds need at lease 4 hours after consumption of dairy products for max. absorbtion. Have I bben taking this med to soon after breakfast. I'm now changing my routine to stsrt after lunch. Please advise, thanks.

You are correct that Promacta, which is given to boost up your platelet counts, should not be given with food or milk.

If you are sailing along in treatment, you probably still got enough of an effect from the Promacta, which can easily be monitored with blood tests.

Best of luck with your treatment.

treatment vs.non-treatment
i need an explanation