May 20, 2012
i had a baby and come to find out the father has hep c he told me not to worry cause me and the baby cant catch it is that true
| Response from Dr. McGovern
Not true. Sexual transmission however, is quite uncommon. About a 1% chance. But not zero among heterosexual couples. Most likely you will be HCV negative, but I would recommend testing to know for sure.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Rash After Blowjob Worried I Have HIV
- Red Eyes After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation Does It Mean I Have HIV
- White Tongue After Open Mouth Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- Can Trichomoniasis Cause Red Bumps In Genital Area?
- Does Antihistamine Help Atrophic Vaginitis?
- What Causes Vaginal Bleeding For A Month?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.