May 20, 2012
i had a baby and come to find out the father has hep c he told me not to worry cause me and the baby cant catch it is that true
Response from Dr. McGovern
Not true. Sexual transmission however, is quite uncommon. About a 1% chance. But not zero among heterosexual couples. Most likely you will be HCV negative, but I would recommend testing to know for sure.
siblings have aids and hepatitis c
Low Titer Postive
- Pain In Penis After Having Sex During Period What Are The Chances Of HIV
- How Long After Unprotected Sex Does It Take To Know You May Have A Std?
- Can Vaginal Fluid On The Condom Transmit Hiv?
- Cold Hands And Feet Early Sign Of Hiv
- HIV Through Fingering A Vagina
- Hiv Transmission In Lesbians Grinding/frottage Or Oral Sex
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.