May 20, 2012
i had a baby and come to find out the father has hep c he told me not to worry cause me and the baby cant catch it is that true
| Response from Dr. McGovern
Not true. Sexual transmission however, is quite uncommon. About a 1% chance. But not zero among heterosexual couples. Most likely you will be HCV negative, but I would recommend testing to know for sure.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Changes In The Immune System When An Hiv Patient Becomes Aids
- Hepatitis C 2a Or 2c Genotype
- What Happens To The Body When Hiv Turns Into Aids?
- Can You Get Hiv If An Hiv Postive Person's Blood Touches Your Food?
- Can Hepatitis C Be Contracted Through An Organ Transplant?
- Will Human Growth Hormone Stop The Effects Of Hepatitis C?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.