side effects

Hello. I have a coinfection of hiv and hep C. I have been treated for hep C and failed. I am not being treated a second time with telepravir. I do not have anemia or the rash that goes along with the treatment. My doctor told me that there is a correlation between side effects and a cure. Is this true?

Some have suggested that there is a correlation between side effects and cure, but there is no strong evidence regarding that claim.

Your doctor may not be retreating you with triple therapy (telaprevir, Peg and Ribavirin) because perhaps you had a very slow response to dual therapy and he/she is worried that you may just develop resistance to telaprevir and not achieve any benefit. I would ask your doctor to make that reasoning clear to you so you understand it.

Inquiry
viral load undectable but decreasing CD4