Hepatitis B Virus by PCR (quantitative)

Hi I got the Hepatitis B Virus by PCR(quantitative)and it indicated a Real Time PCR of Detected 468IU/ml, and a ref.range as Not detected. what dose it mean. thank you.

You have a low viral load detected which suggests either new or chronic infection - most likely chronic.

You will need to have further follow up on your hepatitis B blood tests over time to see what happens with your viral load and your liver function tests. Right now this load is quite low. Hopefully your liver function tests are normal.

If you have intercourse you will want to use condoms to avoid transmission until you know more about your infection.

Trying to convince my wife to stay,
hep b viral load