|elevated sgpt doc
May 19, 2012
My sgpt level is high at 174 today, it is at 39 in november. Can early hiv cause elevated sgpt(exposed 9 months ago)?
| Response from Dr. McGovern
It can cause some abnormal liver function tests, but I would be more concerned about Hepatitis B or C. Both can be acquired through injection drug use and through unprotected sex.
Would definitely get tested for both along with repeat liver function tests.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Will I Always Have Discharge With Herpes?
- Will Hpv Affect My Relationship?
- What Else Can Be Mistaken For Genital Herpes?
- What If You Took Medicine For Chlamydia And I Still Have Symptoms What Does That Mean?
- What Are The Odds Of Contracting Genital Herpes After Sleeping With Someone Who Has It But Not An Outbreak?
- Getting Treatment For Genital Warts When Can I Have Sex Again
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.