***please answer...concerned mother***

Hi~ Please help me by assessing any risk involved with the following situation. I was playing volleyball, and the girl I was warming up with started bleeding from her hand, and she got blood on the ball. Before we noticed she was bleeding, we had continued to pass the ball back and forth, and some of her blood smeared from the ball onto my arm, right down close to my wrist. My concern is, is that I always have very dry, chapped hands from washing them so much. I did not see any active bleeding on my arm or wrist were I saw the blood smudge, but my skin was dry and cracked a little, where it gets red looking from being dry.

My questions are: 1) if the other girl had HIV or Hep B or C, would there be a risk of transmission with this scenario? 2) I got tested for HIV and Hep C with NAT testing at 9 weeks, both negative, and then I got an antibody test for HIV, Hep C and Hep B at 13 weeks (91 days), all negative...would these tests be conclusive? 3) and my last question is, would these tests be conclusive if she were infected with both HIV and Hep and if there was a chance of coinfection, because I know that can extend the window period out, some say to even more than a year.

Please, please answer, as I am a breast feeding mother and have been so scared to put my baby at risk from this situation. Thank you.

I wouldn't have tested you in the first place because I would not have considered you at risk. Enjoy your baby.

Inactive Hepatitis- HbeAg negative
Hipatitis