|Inactive Hepatitis- HbeAg negative
May 19, 2012
Since theres no virus in my blood,can i infect other people?How many years before i get HbsAg negative?
| Response from Dr. McGovern
As long as there is no virus in your blood you are not likely to transmit infection to others. You will need to have follow up to be certain that this remains the case.
Any steady sex partner of yours should be vaccinated against HBV to be safe.
As for losing HBsAg...there is no guarantee on that. In fact, most people don't attain loss of HBsAg.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Itchy Rash After Swallowing Precum Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Itchy Scrotum After Sex With Stripper Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Rectal Bleeding After Vaginal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Red Eyes After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Sore Throat After Drinking After Someone Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling In Feet After Anal Sex Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.