Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
  Breaking News: FDA Approves Triumeq, New Once-Daily Combination Pill

Ask the Experts About

Hepatitis and HIV CoinfectionHepatitis and HIV Coinfection

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

cd4 count
May 6, 2012

dear doctor im 25years old lady hiv positive im a new mum my child is negative, i got tested when i was preggnant, and my cd4 count was 535 so im not on anti viral, i decided to start on immune boosters i still fit. i want to knoe if there is any possibilty of my cd4 count to increase or remain same, and is there any tablets u can recommend me to buy to remain healthy and maintain a healthy immune system. i want to raise my child with no complication, i do safe sex im married and we both positive but not on anti viral.

Response from Dr. McGovern

HIV treatment is now recommended in the US for all HIV infected patients. This recommendation varies by country so you might want to check with your own doctor depending on where you live.

Previous
tested positive for Hep C over 25 years ago. Should I be doing anything about it?
Next
Hepatitis B and Food Handling

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.