|Is a twinrix booster needed if I have adequate antibodies?
May 6, 2012
My school is asking me to have a Twinrix booster injection, however my Hep antibodies (as measured in Feb 2012) were 112mlU/mL and the accepted level is only 10mlU/mL. Is it necessary to have the booster or will it do nothing as I am already immune? Thanks!
Response from Dr. McGovern
Twinrix protects against Hepatitis A and B...You should be certain that your antibodies are sufficient for both infections.
Am I Chronic or Acute HepaB carrier?
Hep B Surface Antibody Reactive; Surface Antigen Positive
- How Long Does It Take Hiv To Turn Into Aids?
- Does Everyone Exposed To Hiv Get Infected?
- What Are The Chances Of Getting Hepatitis C From A Needlestick?
- Can Somebody Get Infected With Hiv Through Drinking Infected Blood?
- How Soon After Hiv Exposure Contagious?
- How To Naturally Reverse Neuropathy?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.