oral hep c
May 6, 2012
Performed oral sex only on a woman whom later I found out has hep c. In nervous about upcoming test so was just asking what are the chances of hep c being passed on this way? It was dark so I am not sure if there was blood present. Thank you Dr. M
Response from Dr. McGovern
I would not expect transmission through this route. HCV is mainly transmitted by blood to blood exposure.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Hepatitis C And Rectal Bleeding
- What Happens When The Immune System Is Weakened By Hiv Infection?
- Can Someone Get Hiv Or Aids If Both Partners Don't Have It?
- How Accurate Is A Hiv Test After 3 Weeks?
- What Cells Does The Hiv Virus Attack?
- What Experts Say The Chances Of Catching Hiv From A One Night Stand?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.